Wednesday, March 08, 2006

All I really need to know...

I learned, not in kindergarten, but childbirth class!

We are through four sessions of a five-session childbirth class at The Birth Center in Bryn Mawr. I'm learning a lot, some of it helpful (like labor massage techniques and how to tell when labor is advancing) and some of it terrifying (like when they passed around a device that looked like a knitting needle they use to artificially rupture the bag of waters if it doesn't naturally rupture). Actually, most of it is both of those as I know I need to know these things.

In other news, I was at the library yesterday working on a paper for my Pentecostalism class. Because "Scooter" is coming soon, I'm desperately trying to get my schoolwork done; being a pastor and new dad will be enough on my plate at once. The day off from church to do schoolwork was prompted by the sobering recognition that I will be at church for 25 hours in a row this weekend taking part in our youth's 30 Hour Famine program. Aaah!

Anyway--a glimpse inside the scattered brain of Pastor Mike. Hope to see some of you tonight at prayer time and Young Adults, some of you Thursday at Bible Study, and all of you Sunday at church!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What they don't emphasize enough in childbirth class are that your two most important jobs are 1) be there and hold her hand when she wants it held and 2) (this is the big one) to tell the nurses, doctors, whoever is in charge and needs to listen that your wife really does, in no uncertain terms, want the epidural NOW!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home